Sunday, January 13, 2013
My blog was tagged by children's author, B&B operator, world traveler, and grandmother, Margriet Ruurs for the not-so famous Leibster Award. The word "Leibster" means "favorite," so thank you, Margriet!
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. No tag backs, but please leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
And here we go for my answers! (If you know me, there will be no surprises here!)
1. Eleven random things
1. I write education materials
2. I'm a librarian
3. I have been a teacher
4. I like to travel
5. I hate winter
6. I like to walk & hike
7. I love reading
8. I love learning
9. I'm terrible at math
10. I grew up about 25 miles from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little Town on the Prairie.
11 Questions from Margriet:
1. What's a favorite book now?
Too many to name, but today I'll say Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
2. What was a favorite book as a child?
I loved mysteries, and still do. I read Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Hardy Boys, and the Hollisters. But a couple favorite stand-alone titles: Black Beauty and Heidi
3. Who's one of your favorite authors? Living: Anne Tyler Dead: Willa Cather, Madeleine L'Engle
4. What's the most amazing country you have visited? I've found amazing things wherever I've gone, so I would say a place I'd go back to in a heartbeat--Greece.
5. How many places have you lived? 6
6. What's your favorite food? Mexican, specifically enchiladas
7. What advise do you have for new parents? Breathe! Love! Read to your baby and sleep when you can!
8. What's your favorite color? blue
9. Sunrise or sunset? Sunset
10. Sun or snow? SUN!
11. Favorite internet site?
google news brings the world to me
3. Eleven questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite book?
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. What was your favorite vacation?
4. What is your favorite song/singer/band/musical type?
5. What's the most unusual food you have eaten?
6. What day of the week is your favorite?
7. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
8. Do you prefer dogs, cats, or other (if other, specify)?
9. What is something amazing about you?
10. Do you prefer reading hard copy or online?
11. How often do you use your public library?
4. And now--drumroll--
my nominees! (in no particular order and please forgive me if you have over 200 followers. In some cases, it is hard to tell.)
1. Is it Monday Already?
2.Babs Bites 'n Bones
3. Don't Quit the Day Job
5. Adventures in Children's Writing
6. Peace Garden Writer
7. Lynette's Favorites
8. Thinking in Pictures
9. Karla Kassebaum
10. Welcome to My Prairie Garden
11. Fuzzy Eyed Faith
The game is on! Hope you enjoy exploring the blogs above.